Training & Workshops
Multi-Sensory Reading Remedy© Program
For teachers, tutors, parents and home schoolers.
The Multi-Sensory Reading Remedy© Program ( MRR© ) is a multi-sensory structured language program based on the Orton Gillingham method of reading instruction.
This program is ideal for beginning or struggling readers, including those with a dyslexic profile, as well as English as a second language students. The MRR© program uses a variety of multi-sensory activities to ensure that all pathways to the brain are stimulated to maximize learning. The MRR© program follows a direct instruction method. The teacher’s manual is scripted and contains comprehensive instruction in a simple format that is easy to follow.
Multi-sensory teaching is simultaneously visual, auditory and kinesthetic-tactile, to enhance memory and learning.*
Links are consistently made between the visual (seeing), auditory (hearing) and kinesthetic-tactile (movement/feeling) pathways in learning to read and spell.*
The Orton-Gillingham approach refers to the structured, sequential multi-sensory techniques established by Dr. Samuel Orton, Ms. Anna Gillingham and their colleagues.*
This method combines multi-sensory techniques with teaching the structures of written English; sounds (phonemes), meaning units (prefixes, suffixes, roots), and common spelling rules.*
* Provided by The International Dyslexia Association.
WATCH TRAINING VIDEOS
Unpacking your kit
Lessons 2 and 3
C.k, ck Rule
- Teacher manual with pre & post testing materials.
- Student reader: nonsense syllables, words, phrases, sentences, fluency stories.
- Three student activity books with tracking sheets.
- Laminated cards for sight words, exception words, key words & phonological awareness activities.
- Optional materials: tactile cursive alphabet books in upper or lower case, consonant blends, vowel & consonant diagraphs, as well as a writing frame.
Reading Remedy© Program
Video Training Kit
Full materials with training VIDEOS – $1100 + GST
Training & Workshops Fees
Multi-Sensory Reading Remedy Program$3502 day training Cost of materials: $1100.00
Off Site Workshops & Trainingas arranged
Dyslexia The Hidden Handicap!
7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Presentation
8:30 p.m. – 9:00 p. m. Questions and Discussion
- Presented by: Dyslexia Resource Centre Inc.
- Presenters: Catharine Adams & Penny Greenberg
- Date: to be determined
- Time: 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Location: 1175 Wilson Street East, Unit B Ancaster ON